Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs


20111006-190452.jpg
Vidit Bhargava
The other day, I was trying to frame my report on the New iPhone 4S. It just wouldn't take off. It was never a problem with Steve's Keynotes, usually his punchlines and comments would form the major portion of my article. So whenever I felt I couldn't start an article, i'd quote his words, and then start with my comments.

Today, when I woke up, I knew I was a little late, my brother had woken up and was on the mac, gaping at the screen. I wondered what was the matter. The picture became clear slowly, He was gaping at the image of Steve Jobs, left of which was written, "Steve Jobs: 1955-2011". Shock was my first response, and it still remains to be like that. There won't be any one in black turtleneck, and blue Levis delivering breakthrough keynotes. There won't be any "One More thing", and there will be a fewer people who think differently. The Yerba Buena Center of Arts won't be the same again. Just months back he was alive, happy and delivering his last keynote, selling the world another brilliant idea. He was alive then, dead now. (It still passes as a new wave of shock as I write this.)

Many people have been praised for their work, Very few of them have been praised by their competitors, and only a handful have been able to experience the whole world bow down to their creations. Steve Jobs, is just a notch above those handful of people. He is the inventor of the modern day computing world. Had Jobs not done what he did in his life, the world would still be seeing computers in offices or in huge military strategies.

He drove a company from the verge of bankruptcy to the most valuable tech-company in the world. He lived Apple. His ideology was his company's ideology. At Apple Steve Jobs created the products of a millennium, he bought personal computers to home, He tought the world how to point and click, Without him, the computer screens would have been lifeless black boxes with green text, He reinvented the term Music and Without him TouchScreens would just have been restricted to hit Science Fiction Movies. If God created Universe, Jobs created the Computer-verse.

People say different thing about Jobs. They say, he is s great marketer, He is a great speaker, He is a visionary, a mentor, an inventor. Above all What I think is, That he is the only one in the millions who dared to. Think differently. He dared to change the world. And he was successful in achieving that seemingly impossible dream.

"We're born, we live for a brief instant, and we die." I beg to differ Sir Jobs, "Real Artists never die." May you always be with people who dare to think differently.

No comments: